Even a minor auto accident can have major negative effects on your health for years to come if you don’t seek out the correct care. If you have been injured in a car accident your auto insurance in most cases will cover your medical massage therapy.
Often right after the accident you do not think you are injured and walk away from the accident “feeling fine”. Then you wake up two weeks later and you can not turn your neck. It is not uncommon for auto accidents to cause you muscular pain, headaches, even arthritis that can be very difficult to get rid of for years to come if not treated correctly.
The evaluations done by emergency room doctors are only meant to ensure you don't suffer from any serious, immediate injuries like broken bones, abrasions, cuts, or concussions. They are not looking for muscle tissue injuries. A whiplash injury to the neck, or cervical sprain/strain, is one of the most common injuries that results from an auto accident. Sprains and strains are referred to as soft tissue injuries (soft tissue includes muscles, tendons, and ligaments) and occur when the head is abruptly jerked back and forth, and muscles and ligaments can be injured. These injuries, are invisible on x-rays and often overlooked, they can cause severe debilitating pain.
In addition to pain you may also experience symptoms including; blurry vision, hearing problems, dizziness, pain and tingling in the arms and hands, headache, decreased ability to turn the neck, and low back problems. Injured muscles heal with scar tissue in a way that leave them weaker, less elastic, and prone to re-injury and pain. Worse yet, if a soft tissue injury is not directly addressed with therapy such as medical massage, and left untreated and unresolved, the injured muscles and other soft tissues can end up causing chronic pain for months, years, or even decades after the accident.
If you have been injured in an auto accident medical massage therapy should be a part of your medical care plan. All you need is a referral from your primary care doctor , urgent care Dr. or Chiropractor and you can receive medical massage . Medical Massage of the Rockies, is experienced in auto accident recovery. We have multiple clinics within our network that have been treating whiplash patients since 2002.
Coping with a serious injury is difficult enough, so our team of highly skilled individuals will take care of the details of your treatment.
We verify insurance coverage and expertly handle all other insurance issues:
- We provide regular progress reports to your primary health care provider, attorney and insurance company.
- We document the care you receive.
- We are confident that medical massage can decrease the possibility of future pain, scar tissue, and long term postural issues.
If you have been in an auto accident in the state of Colorado payment for medical massage will be covered one of two ways:
- Med-Pay allowing for $5000 (or more depending on your policy) will pay your medical bills.
- The insurance coverage of the person at fault will pay for your medical bills when all treatment is finished or you will work with a medical finance company that will assist you with your case in taking care of your medical bills.( this is often referred to as a “Lien”) Medical Massage of the Rockies accepts payment under both of the above situations.
Contact us today to start the process of verifying coverage for your massage treatments. Our therapists look forward to assisting you on the road to recovery.